- 6 cups of whole milk
- Approximately 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed cardamom
- 2 tablespoons ghee or unsalted butter
- Approximately 1 table sliced pistachios for garnish
- Grease a 6-inch plate and set aside.
- In a large, wide and heavy saucepan bring the milk to a boil over medium high heat. And let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the milk, it will begin to curdle. Use minimum amount of lemon juice to just start the curdling process and prevent the whey (milky water) from completely separating immediately.
- Boil for 5 minutes and remove approx. 1 ½ cups of the whey. This will help reduce the tartness from the cake.
- Continue to cook and stir occasionally until the milk is a grainy consistency and the whey is evaporated. This will take an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom and keep stirring until the mixture starts coming together. This should take approximately 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 4-5 minutes until mixture changes to a slightly golden brown color.
- Transfer mixture to the greased plate and press firmly into a square shape, approximately 1 inch high. As an option, sprinkle sliced pistachios on top.
- Let sit for at least an hour before slicing into individual pieces.
1 Heat 3 tsps oil in a pan, add shallots and saute for 2-3 mts. Add rest of the vegetables and spinach and saute for 7-8 mts. Season with salt and chili powder. Turn off heat and keep aside.
2 Break 2 eggs in a bowl, add milk, salt, pepper powder and whisk till frothy.
3 Take a pan, drizzle a tbsp of oil, and heat it for half a mt on medium flame.
4 Pour the whisked egg mixture into the pan and swirl it around to spread evenly. Reduce flame to low and allow to cook for a mt and flip over. Cook for a few seconds.
5 Flip the omelet again and place the sauteed vegetables on half of the omelet. Sprinkle grated cheese and cover the vegetables with the other half of the omelette and cook for a few secs.
6 Remove the omelette onto a serving plate and serve with tomato ketchup.